About Dr. Leadbeater’s Philosophy
Dr. Leadbeater knows how important and precious your pets are to you. He embraces that relationship and truly considers each of your pets part of our practice family. He strives to provide the best, most complete care for your pet no matter what challenges come up.
Prior to beginning any exam, the doctor spends time bonding with your pet . This provides a level of comfort and confidence that other veterinarians may overlook. Whether your pet is due for a routine veterinary exam, or is in need of treatment for a joint or back problem, heart condition or even cancer, Dr. Leadbeater is ready to serve you.
If you’re new to the area or Islands, are looking for a second opinion, or have decided to change clinics, we encourage you to read the testimonials from our current clients, who have generously shared some of their experiences. Do your research, listen to what others are saying, and we know you’ll find that Dr. Leadbeater is the right choice for you and your pets. He wants to be your trusted veterinarian.
Professional & Personal Information about Dr. Leadbeater
Dr. Patrick Leadbeater was born in England and obtained his Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph in Canada. Following graduation he interned separately with the two most prominent veterinary surgeons of the time, who were considered founding fathers of modern veterinary surgery. He was also accepted as a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in London, England.
Since moving to Oahu in 1979, Dr. Leadbeater has been known for providing the most up-to-date, compassionate and complete veterinary service in Hawaii.
His credits include:
- Being the first to offer Total Hip Replacement in dogs, and later cats, in the islands.
- Being the first resident surgeon in Hawaii to be licensed under the patent to perform Tibia Plateau Leveling Ostectomy (TPLO) surgery for knee injuries in dogs.
- Performing numerous pacemaker implants and was the first to pioneer and use tele-radiology medicine for pets in Hawaii.
- Attended, and continues to attend, numerous post graduate studies in surgical technique including canine knee and elbow replacement. Dr. Leadbeater has written about his surgical philosophy in our Blog.
- As of 2018, Dr. Leadbeater has added Internet Veterinarian to his portfolio, by launching his Virtual Veterinarian services.
Dr. Leadbeater especially enjoys providing second opinion consultations to pet owners, which he does at no charge to owners. He maintains a network of colleagues around the country, both in private practice and at universities, regarding the most currently available expertise in diagnoses and treatment modalities.
When not at the practice, Dr. Leadbeater’s passions are travel with his wife and family, and non-digital Black and White film Photography, and looking after his own menagerie of pets at home.
They were so informative, and thoroughly answered every single question I had regarding pet care. I left feeling like I really learned a lot. It was unbelievable how gentle this vet was with my pet and it really helped my pet feel at ease. It’s very apparent that they truly care about us and our pets and that this is not a job for them, but their passion and purpose.