About Dr. Leadbeater
Dr. Leadbeater enjoys travel, photography and spending time with his family.
Dr. Patrick Leadbeater was born in England and obtained his Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph in Canada. Following graduation he interned separately with the two most prominent veterinary surgeons of the time, who were considered founding fathers of modern veterinary surgery. He was also accepted as a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in London, England.
Since moving to Oahu in 1979, Dr. Leadbeater has been known for providing the most up-to-date, compassionate and complete veterinary service in Hawaii.
His credits include:
- Being the first to offer Total Hip Replacement in dogs, and later cats, in the islands.
- Being the first resident surgeon in Hawaii to be licensed under the patent to perform Tibia Plateau Leveling Ostectomy (TPLO) surgery for knee injuries in dogs.
- Performing numerous pacemaker implants and was the first to pioneer and use tele-radiology medicine for pets in Hawaii.
- Attended, and continues to attend, numerous post graduate studies in surgical technique including canine knee and elbow replacement. Dr. Leadbeater has written about his surgical philosophy in our Blog.
- As of 2018, Dr. Leadbeater has added Internet Veterinarian to his portfolio, by launching his Virtual Veterinarian services.
They were so informative, and thoroughly answered every single question I had regarding pet care. I left feeling like I really learned a lot. It was unbelievable how gentle this vet was with my pet and it really helped my pet feel at ease. It’s very apparent that they truly care about us and our pets and that this is not a job for them, but their passion and purpose.